4 Essential Laravel Packages for Your Web Application Development
Recently I’ve been working with developing Laravel packages for my own use and Laravel’s community. It’s quite fun and interesting how you can separate the modules or features from Laravel’s main application and make it as a package, which later on you can reuse it over and over again.
Here are some of the packages I’ve created so far. You may want to try it out, and please do make a report if there’s any issues.
- Artisan Extended – this package mainly to add more artisan commands to simplify and speed up your development progress. Here the list of commands available:
- clear:cache – Put application under maintenance, clear common caches files, and put the application up again
- clear:serve – Run clear:cache and serve the application
- make:route – Create a new route
- make:view – Create a new plain view or resourceful view
- make:resourceful – Create a new resourceful controller
- make:scaffold – Create a new model, migration, resourceful controller and views (but still, need to enhance to accept columns details)
- secure:cookie – Secure your cookie
- Themer – The package main purpose to support theming in Laravel’s applications. It’s provide a middleware, and an artisan command(make:theme) to create a new theme.
- Setting – A simple helper to have a setting for your application.
- Subscriptions – The package is used for SaaS based applications. It’s allow you to add new package services, and enable your customers to subscribe to your SaaS application.
Do play around with the packages, and do report issues if there’s any, or if you think there’s need enhancement, do submit your proposal.